Step By Step Instructions:
Strawberry Spinach Salad w/ Walnuts, Goat Cheese, and Grilled Chicken
This is the perfect recipe for when you finally get home and have no time at all. Or, when you finally get home and want to throw dinner together in 20 minutes. Everyone has days where there is no time for anything, and this recipe is perfect for those moments.
Healthy food is not always fun but, it’s important to give your body what it needs from time to time! Plus, I added a little protein and cheese in here because, well, I love them.
I’m all about colorful plates so these sliced strawberries really made all the difference when it came to presentation. Not to mention, they’re delicious and really complete the salad. It’s like dessert for dinner! This recipe is also in honor of spring and summer. It’s been a chilly North Carolina winter, and I’m over it! Here’s to the future sipping of Marg’s on the patio in April! Cheers!
Here is what you do:
1. Always clean fruits and veggies before preparing and serving.
2. Slice the strawberries by first removing the stems, then cutting them into circles. I put my walnuts into a plastic baggie and smash them with my kitchen hammer! It’s fun and a fantastic stress reliever! (You can also just chop them with your knife, or use a food processor.)
3. Set a burner to medium heat and add a drizzle of EVOO and allow to warm.
4. Slice the pre-cooked chicken breast into thin pieces.
5. Once the EVOO is warm, add the sliced chicken to the pan and coat with oil using your tongs.
6. Drizzled all chicken pieces with balsamic vinegar and stir. Turn heat down a little and warm chicken for a few minutes. ( You don’t want to warm too long because pre-cooked chicken can dry out very quickly.)
7. Turn burner off and remove pan from heat.
8. Take 2 bowls, and fill each with 2 handfuls of fresh spinach and or spring mix.
9. Top salad with the sliced strawberries, walnuts, and chicken. Take the goat cheese and crumble little pieces over the top. Sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper if you wish!
10. Using your favorite salad dressing, lightly drizzle some over each bowl. (I would suggest something like a vinaigrette, as you don’t want the flavor of the dressing to over power the flavors of the salad. (Note: You’d be surprised how delicious fresh squeezed lemon and lime juice can be as an alternate dressing!)
11. Serve and enjoy!
- 4 Handfuls Fresh Spinach and Spring Mix
- 1 Cup Diced Strawberries
- 3 T Chopped WAlnuts
- 1 Sliced Pre Cooked Chicken Breast
- EVOO, Drizzle
- Balsamic VInegar, Drizzle To Taste
- 1/2 Cup Crumbled Herbed Goat Cheese
- Your Favorite Salad Dressing, To Taste
- Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper
Remember: I love seeing your creations in the kitchen! Make sure to tag #ColdBeerMeatSweats after making my Strawberry Spinach Salad w/ Walnuts, Goat Cheese, and Grilled Chicken 🙂