Step By Step Instructions:
Fried Green Tomato, Sausage, & Pimento Cheese Scrambled Eggs Breakfast Sandwich
My God am I excited to finally be sharing my very own FGT Breakfast Sandwich recipe with you guys!!!! During my R&D of Fried Green Tomatoes one day, I decided that they, the tomatoes, would be delicious on a breakfast sandwich, and guess what? They were! So now, instead of only sharing a Fried Green Tomatoes recipe, I am adding in how to make Homemade Pimento Cheese, an incredible homemade Gorgonzola Ranch Dipping Sauce, and to top it off, I’m sharing how to make this glorious, give you a heart attack just looking at it, breakfast sandwich!
*NOTE: Yes, I used all caps because this is super important. These English Muffins are no ordinary English Muffins; they are the best, most extraordinary English Muffins on the planet 🙂 Seriously. I don’t know how or why or what, makes them so unbelievably amazing but, they are. They are the fluffiest, most ridiculous tasting English Muffins I have ever had, ever. Find them here, Michael’s English Muffins or here where I got them, The Produce Box. (This is not sponsored, I am just that obsessed with The Produce Box, and Michael’s English Muffins!)
Here is what you do:
1. Put your English Muffin in the toaster and toast to your liking
2. Heat a pan with butter over medium and add in 2 eggs and all the seasonings
3. Using your rubber spatula, stir the eggs and begin to scramble them
4. Place the 2 sausage links on a plate and cook them in the microwave (If you’re using a leftover Fried Green Tomato like I am, then warm that baby up in the microwave as well)
5. Add one of the scoops of Pimento Cheese into the pan with the eggs and mix well
6. Add the other scoop of Pimento Cheese to the bottom of the toasted English Muffin and set on a plate
7. Once you have your eggs the way you like them, turn the burner off, and remove the pan from the heat
8. To build your sandwich; take the bottom English Muffin that has Pimento Cheese on it, top it with 2 Sausage Links sliced in half, add on a Fried Green Tomato, cover it with your Pimento Cheese Scrambled Eggs, and then finish it off with the top of the muffin 🙂 🙂
Hallelujah!! Am I crazy?! Or, is that one amazingly gorgeous breakfast sandwich?! Nope, not crazy 🙂 🙂
- 1 English Muffin, Sliced and Toasted
- 2 Heaping Spoonful’s of Gillian’s Pimento Cheese
- 2 Sausage Links, Cut in Half
- 1 Fried Green Tomato
- 2 Scrambled Eggs w/ Seasonings
- 1 T Butter
- Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes, Paprika, Dried Parsley, Basil, & Oregano (Any other seasonings you like on your eggs)
Remember: I love seeing your creations in the kitchen! Make sure to tag #ColdBeerMeatSweats after making this delicious Fried Green Tomato, Sausage, & Pimento Cheese Scrambled Eggs Breakfast Sandwich!
If you skimmed past all the stuff at the top of the recipe, I am here for one last attempt at gaining your attention on these particular English Muffins. I don’t know how or why or what, makes these babies so unbelievably amazing but, they are. They are the fluffiest, most ridiculous tasting English Muffins I have ever had, ever. Find them here Michael’s English Muffins or here, where I got them, The Produce Box.