Step By Step Instructions:
Garlic, Parsley, & Lemon Pan Seared North Carolina Shrimp
I love going to the beach and luckily I live in Raleigh, NC, so it’s always a hop, skip, and a jump away! My Dad came to visit back in May and took my boyfriend and I to Wrightsville, NC for a few days. While we were there, we bought some Shrimp from Motts Channel Seafood, and cooked it back at the gorgeous Airbnb we rented, and it was fantastic! It’s a very simple recipe, but it’s definitely worth sharing, and it takes so little time that it’s perfect for when you have guests in town, or for a quick snack while you’re at the beach!
Here is what you do:
1. Take the clean, peeled, & deveined shrimp and add them to a glass bowl and toss them with the chopped parsley and dill
2. Drizzle the shrimp with some of the fresh squeezed lemon juice (be careful not to get any seeds in the bowl)
3. Heat EVOO in a medium sized saute pan over medium high heat
4. When EVOO is warm, add the minced garlic to the pan
5. Add the shrimp and herb mix to the hot pan with the garlic
6. Toss well coating and cooking the shrimp a few minutes on each side
7. Sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper
8. Turn the stove off, and remove the pan from the heat
9. Using a slotted spoon transfer the shrimp from the pan to a plate, squeeze more lemon over if desired, and serve with cocktail sauce, and enjoy!
- 1 lb Fresh Medium Sized Shrimp (Peeled, Deveined, No Tail)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/2 Lemon, Seeds Removed and Juiced
- Sea Salt, Dash
- Ground Pepper, Dash
- 1 t EVOO (or Butter)
- 1 T Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1 t Fresh Chopped Dill
- Cocktail Sauce – Optional
The Marsh View House – Wrightsville, NC
Note: Shrimp cocktail is also super easy to prep, and tastes amazing when bought fresh and served with delicious cocktail sauce! Here are a few pictures of how we prepped ours while at the Marsh House in Wrightsville Beach.
Remember: I love seeing your creations in the kitchen! Make sure to tag #ColdBeerMeatSweats after making these delicious Garlic, Parsley, & Lemon Pan Seared Shrimp, or on your homemade Cocktail Shrimp displays 🙂
P.S. I loved cooking in this kitchen! It was beautiful, had amazing views, and so roomy! I highly recommend looking up “The Marshview House” on Airbnb if you’re ever in the Wrightsville beach / Wilmington, NC area!
One of my favorite places on Earth.