Step By Step Instructions:
The Cheesiest, Most Delicious, Pimento Cheese Recipe
Some people crave sweets and chocolate, not me. I crave cheese all day, everyday. This is my favorite Pimento Cheese recipe whose inspiration came from my time running and operating, the Baguettaboutit Food Truck right here in Raleigh, NC.
Here is what you do:
1. Set your oven to Broil (High or Medium setting)
2. Take your Red Bell Pepper and cut a small slice in the top by the stem, then going in a downward motion, put a slit into the side of the pepper. Roll the pepper on it’s side, and slice all around the stem and seeds to remove the outer part of the pepper. Discard the stems and seeds when done
3. Place the pepper on a foil lined baking sheet, skin side up, and drizzle with a tiny bit of EVOO. Place in oven and broil until the skin is burnt
**Note: Please make sure to set a timer! It is so easy to walk away and forget there is something in the oven. When broiling, food can burn super quickly and this should only take about 5-8 minutes depending on your oven.
4. Remove from oven and let cool
5. To your glass bowl, add the cheddar and mozz cheese, cream cheese, mayo, sriracha, brown sugar, and mix well, then add in the salt and pepper and mix again
6. Once the pepper has cooled, peel off the black and discard. Dice the pepper and mix well into the pimento cheese bowl
Pimento Cheese is the perfect addition to sandwiches, eggs, or as a dip on game day! My personal favorite way to use this is on my Fried Green Tomatoes!
- 1 Cup Shredded NY Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1.5 Cups Whole Milk Shredded Mozzarella
- 3/4 Cup Whipped Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Light Mayo
- 1 t Sriracha
- 1 T Dark Brown Sugar
- Sea Salt, Dash, To Taste
- Fresh Ground Pepper, To Taste
- 1 Roasted Bell Pepper, Diced
Remember: I love seeing your creations in the kitchen! Make sure to tag #ColdBeerMeatSweats after making this delicious Pimento Cheese Recipe 🙂