Step By Step Instructions:
Yellow and Red Tomato Salad w/ Roasted Red Pepper, Feta, and Mint
I received this recipe from the Produce Box and immediately fell in love. If I were to be stranded on an island, or anywhere, and only have 1 ingredient, it would definitely be the tomato. They’re amazing. Tomatoes are good hot or cold, raw or cooked, by themselves, as a sauce, or in salsa!!! They’re simply amazing.
Here is what you do:
Set your oven to Broil
1. Cut the red pepper open and remove the stems and seeds. Place the pepper in a small ovenproof dish, drizzle with a little olive oil and cook until the skin of the pepper turns black. Watch closely and set a timer, it happens very quickly! Set aside when done and let cool
2. While the pepper is broiling, chop and prepare the rest of your ingredients
3. In a small bowl whisk together the EVOO and lemon juice and set aside
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and mint into a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper
5. Once the red pepper is cool enough to touch, peel off all of the black parts and discard
6. Chop the red pepper and mix into the bowl with the EVOO and lemon juice
7. Take the pepper and oil mixture, and add it to the large bowl with the tomatoes and mint
8. Sprinkle the crumbled feta over the salad and serve!
- 4-5 Yellow and Red Tomatoes
- 1 Roasted Red Bell Pepper
- 4-5 t EVOO
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Chopped Mint
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Dash of Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- 2 t Lemon Juice
Remember: I love seeing your creations in the kitchen! Make sure to tag #ColdBeerMeatSweats and #TheProduceBox after making this delicious Yellow and Red Tomato Salad w/ Roasted Red Peppers, Feta, and Mint 🙂
Recipe compliments of the Produce Box 🙂
Of course you can, Ashley! Anytime 🙂
This looks amazing! Please can we come eat this with you sometime?