Step By Step Instructions:
Gameday Sloppy Joe & Smoked Gouda Crack Tots
Every Halloween on Trick-Or-Treat night, My Mom and Grandma would always have Sloppy Joe sandwiches ready for consumption as soon as I was done collecting my candy. I would get so excited because it was the one meal where I was allowed to crush up Lay’s potato chips with my hands to cover my Sloppy Joe! It was just the best as a kid, and so exciting because it felt like a hall pass to play with my food. 🙂
This Gameday version I have created with Tater Tots is just as fun, and can serve for a killer group snack during your favorite Big Game. You know what the best thing is about this recipe? It’s only 5 steps. Seriously, 5 of the easiest steps ever, leaving more time for your main course! #Winning
Here is what you do:
Note: I made the Sloppy Joe mixture a day in advance for faster prep the day of. (I used 1 lb Ground turkey mixed with 1/2 lb fresh ground chorizo, and 1 large can of Manwich.)
1. Set your oven to 420 degrees F, line a baking sheet with foil and place your desired amount of tots on the foil.
2. Bake tots in the oven for 15 minutes, remove, flip the tots and sprinkle w/ your favorite seasoning and or, salt and pepper, and bake again for 5 minutes.
(I always use Northwoods Seasoning because it’s my absolute favorite!!!!)
3. Remove the tots from the oven again and cover them with a nice layer of the pre-made Sloppy Joe Mixture.
4. Freshly grate some Smoked Gouda Cheese over top of the Sloppy Joe Tots. The amount of cheese is up to you but, in our house we like them super cheesy! 🙂 Put them back in the oven for 10 or so minutes until the cheese has melted and the Sloppy Joe Mix is hot.
5. Remove from the oven, transfer carefully to a football themed platter, and sprinkle w/ crushed Lays potato chips. Serve and Enjoy!
- 1 Bag Frozen Tater Tots
- 1.5 Cups (give or take) Pre-made Sloppy Joe Mix (Using Manwich, and 1.5lbs Ground Meat)
- Salt, Pepper, Seasoning of Choice
- 1 -2 Cups Freshly Grated Smoked Gouda Cheese
- Handful Crushed Lay’s Potato Chips
Remember: I love seeing your creations in the kitchen! Make sure to tag #ColdBeerMeatSweats after making Gameday Sloppy Joe & Smoked Gouda Crack Tots🙂