Step By Step Instructions:
Balsamic Glazed Chicken, Pesto, Caprese Paninis
If you love chicken and bread, and you love the idea of marrying those two items with some basil pesto, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and slices of grilled balsamic chicken, then you are on the right blog, and have found the right recipe.
There is just something enormously exciting about pulling apart a grilled cheese sandwich. The rubber band of stringy cheese and ingredients; it’s like you can taste it before actually biting into it.
Enough of me trying to explain how incredible this panini is, let’s get started! 🙂 🙂
Here is what you do:
1. Heat a grill pan over medium heat with a drizzle of EVOO.
2. Slice the pre cooked chicken breast into long thin strips, about 6, and place them on a plate. Drizzle pieces with balsamic glaze and turn to coat all sides and edges of chicken.
3. Place chicken strips in the grill pan and warm on all sides, flip using tongs. Remove after 4-5 minutes and place back on plate.
3A.) While the chicken is cooking, slice the tomato and mozzarella and set aside.
4. Place 2 pieces of bread on the cutting board and butter 1 side of each.
**How To Video**
5. On the grill pan, place 2 pieces of bread butter side down. Using a spoon, scoop out and schmear some pesto sauce onto each piece of bread.
6. Top the pesto sauce with 3 chicken slices on each piece of bread.
7. Add the mozzarella on next, followed by the tomato. (Optional to sprinkle the mozz and tomato with salt and pepper before adding to the panini.)
8. On the remaining 2 pieces of bread; schmear each piece with another scoop of pesto, then place them on top of the paninis on the grill, pesto side down.
9. Using the butter knife, spread butter on the tops of both pieces of bread and lastly, place the brick on top of them. (If not using a brick, gently press down on the paninis using a spatula.)
10. Spritz the pan with a little water for some sizzle, and let the paninis cook for about 5 minutes. Remove the brick, carefully flip the paninis with a spatula, put the brick back on the sandwiches, and cook for another 5 minutes or so.
11. Remove the brick, turn the burner off, remove the sandwiches to the cutting board, slice in half diagonally, serve, and enjoy!
- 1 Pre Cooked Chicken Breast, Thinly Sliced
- Evoo Drizzle
- 1/2 Cup Balsamic Glaze
- 4 Slices Thick Bread
- 4 Schmears Butter
- 4 Schmears Basil Pesto
- 6 Slices Fresh Mozzarella
- 3 Slices Big Red Tomato
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
Remember: I love seeing your creations in the kitchen! Make sure to tag #ColdBeerMeatSweats after making these Balsamic Glazed Chicken, Pesto, Caprese Paninis 🙂